Thursday 24 April 2014

A mountain...a manifestation of forces we are not capable of dealing with.


So this past two weeks has been pretty hectic.
I'm currently sat writing on a delayed plane back to Munich at Manchester airport. In the past 14 days I have taken 10 train journeys (not including the countless tubes) 4 planes and 2 coach journeys. I've covered 2 countries, 5 cities and to be honest I’m looking forward to a weekend in Munich enjoying Fruhlingsfest (more on that to follow!).


Rebecca and I have been trying to plan a trip to Zurich for some time now and were hoping to collate some impromptu plan last Thursday evening...failing that we planned an impromptu trip to Innsbruck! We booked the day before with meinfernbus.de, for the pretty impressive price of just 16 Euro return!!
Innsbruck is a beautiful little Austrian city, but most of them are, beautiful that is. The weather left a lot to be desired but as it was my third Austrian city trip, since living in Munich, I didn't feel too cheated! You may have read over on Rebeccas blog; the views are incredible and walking through the streets to catch a glimmer of mountain peeking out from behind a building is just breath taking; not something we Brits are lucky enough to be faced with on a daily commute. (Un-intentionally) hiking up towards Nordkette, I couldn’t help but admire the unusual houses so extraordinarily placed to look out on to the mountains. Feeling a pang of envy towards their inhabitants and the stunning view they must be greeted with every morning. I would love to wake up and step out onto a balcony overlooking more than a patch of grass!
As it such a small place we managed to visit the main attractions in the short period of time we had, amid increasing my knowledge on King Maxmillian! So if you ever take a trip to little ole Innsbruck be sure to check out, Nordkette – for its incredible views, Goldenes  Dachl – there was a crowd so hey it must be worth a glance and of course HofKirche – the statues are so intricate I could have explored them all day. Oh and if you  do go, check out King Artur – amused me no end! I'm going to start to fill up my Travel page as I really want to document the places I have visited whilst living in Munich.

Here's some photo's from the day, I'm feeling pretty exhausted and unfortunately this day it was reflected in my face! The fashion content of this post leaves a lot to be desired but I think the mountains more than make up for it!

Ciao.








Coat:  Forever 21
Dress:  Glamorous at ASOS
Jumper: Miss Selfridge
Leggings (Yes!): H&M
Boots: Topshop
Watch: Michael Kors
Bag: Longchamp
Photo credit: It's Cohen!

'A mountain or a tree is a manifestation of forces we are not capable of dealing with.'- David Bowie

No comments:

Post a Comment